None at this time. Please check back at a later time.
COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN – FALL 2021
Keep Akron Beautiful seeks individuals with an interest in gaining work experience within a nonprofit organization. S/he must be comfortable supporting the staff, which works as a team to “Improve Akron’s quality of life through beautification and responsible environmental management.”
The Intern will be expected to commit to a specified and agreed upon tenure and will work primarily with programming at Keep Akron Beautiful’s office, alongside the Community Outreach & Volunteer Project Manager.
Goals of Keep Akron Beautiful Internship:
- Offer training for the benefit of the student.
- Provide on-site and meaningful professional experiences for college-level students.
- Enable students to gain practical knowledge and familiarity with nonprofit work.
- Facilitate understanding of a general office environment and offer insight into work experiences.
- Allow Keep Akron Beautiful employees the opportunity to mentor and work with a student who seeks knowledge, professional and practical work skills.
- Provide guidance to students seeking work experiences.
- Intern will be assigned to the full time Community Outreach & Program Manager who will oversee the intern’s day to day responsibilities.
- Intern will be given at least one major project to complete and report to the full KAB staff at the conclusion of their tenure.
- Intern will be expected to participate in KAB staff meetings and are encouraged to contribute thoughts and opinions on subject matter.
- Intern will be given the opportunity to complete a supervisor evaluation form; likewise, the intern will be evaluated at the conclusion of their tenure by their supervisor.
- Intern will be expected to complete weekly timesheets.
- Intern will be required to meet with the CEO to complete an exit interview at the conclusion of their tenure.
Interns are expected to meet the following qualifications:
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Focused and productive on tasks-at-hand
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Positive and respectful attitude
- Willing to take direction, but able to work independently
- Interest in learning as well as contributing to the greater good
This position reports to the Community Outreach &Volunteer Project Manager and ultimately the Executive Director.
This position is based at Keep Akron Beautiful office – 850 East Market Street, Akron Ohio 44310.
This is an unpaid internship. Students will work 10-20 hours or more each week within the regular workday, M-F / 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. We offer a flexible schedule for interns and will work with the applicable candidate to ensure timely encounters with professional staff in the office.
Students may receive college credit for their work; however, it is the student’s responsibility to petition for the credit through their university or college program.
Genevieve Bohnak, Community Outreach & Program Manager
Keep Akron Beautiful / 850 East Market Street/ Akron, OH 44305
Phone: 330-375-2116 / [email protected]
If interested, please submit resume to Genevieve Bohnak at [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you!