By Jacqui Flaherty, Program Manager
Keep Akron Beautiful is currently searching for a Fulltime (April-October) Flowerscape Foreman. Please check out the information in regards to the job below. If you think you know someone who fits these qualifications and has a desire to be part of a team that takes great pride on the impact they have on urban beatification, please send them our way! We will be accepting resumes until March 29 at 4:00 PM. We look forward to hearing from you and are excited to begin the search to add to our wonderful team at KAB!
Flowerscape Foreman- Fulltime Position from April-October
- To perform work, transport and supervise a crew at Flowerscape sites as designated by and under the supervision of the Flowerscape Director.
- To be responsible for the well being of a crew of up to six members.
- To meet each work crew and to transfer said crew on schedule to each work site.
- To supervise the work and activities of the crew
- To work alongside the crew at the site.
- To keep daily records as required by KAB and turn said records into the Flowerscape Director as requested.
- To follow the directions of the Flowerscape Director.
- To operate city vehicles in a responsible manner according to the City of Akron’s Operator’s Manual.
- To perform such other duties as may be assigned by the KAB Executive Director or the Flowerscape Director.
In addition to the basic requirements outlined in the annual contract, here are skills sets we are trying to find and considerations that make this year’s selection unique:
- Clean driving record, as you will be driving City of Akron registered vehicles.
- If the perfect fit is found with the KAB staff and particularly the Flowerscape Director, this position could become training for a fulltime position in subsequent years.
- The perfect candidate would have a natural love of horticultural and hands-on experience with growing annuals and perennials.
- Ideally the perfect candidate would be able to make minor repairs on gardening equipment, including power tools.
- The Flowerscape Crew Foreman would be strong enough to move roto-tillers, mowers and heavy bags of yard waste in and out of vehicles.
- He /She would have a desire to be a part of a team that takes great pride in the impact they have on urban beautification.
- This person needs to have the qualities of a team leader, inspiring, listening, and assigning duties for the best work results.
Resumes are due to Keep Akron Beautiful by 4:00 PM on March 29, 2013
You may submit your resume by USPS mail, email or fax.
Keep Akron Beautiful
850 East Market Street
Akron, OH 44305
Email: Jacqui Flaherty