Community Pride Trailer
The Community Pride Trailer Registration is OPEN for the Season.
The Community Pride Trailer (CPT) is available through Keep Akron Beautiful (KAB) for loan to City of Akron residents and community volunteer groups free of charge. There is a minimum of five households or a group of five volunteers needed to be committed to the project to make the group eligible for use of the trailer. The trailer is stocked with landscaping tools and cleanup supplies to assist residents with removing debris and clearing vacant lots in Akron’s neighborhoods. This season, Lowe's located in Fairlawn, donated a large amount of supplies to the CPT and helped make many of the projects possible. Thank you Lowe's!
This program is Keep Akron Beautiful’s attempt at spreading urban beautification beyond the downtown Flowerscapes by reviving vacant land so the abandoned lots become safe, appealing spaces where community gardens, playgrounds, and/or gathering green spaces can be developed by neighbors. Keep Akron Beautiful Litter Program Staff will deliver and pick-up the trailer to and from the designated location. The trailer is booked on a first-come, first-served basis April through October. Please check with Helen Dauka (firstname.lastname@example.org or 330.375.2116 option 5) at the KAB office for trailer availability.
The Community Pride Trailer is unavialble for the following dates:
04-07-17 through 04-10-17
04-14-17 through 04-17-17
04-21-17 through 04-24-17
05-05-17 through 05-08-17
06-21-17 through 06-22-17
06-24-17 through 06-28-17
07-17-17 through 07-18-17
- Must be used in Akron, Ohio
- Event must have Project Coordinator (PC)
- Trailer may be borrowed for a maximum of three days
- Project Coordinator will assume responsibility for the following:
- Completion and submittal of the CPT Application Form and the Participant List to KAB two weeks prior to the event.
- Ensuring all participants using equipment from the trailer are at least 18 years old and have completed all Participant’s Responsibilities and Waiver Form
- Confirmation of the equipment inventory prior to receipt of the trailer and upon the return of the trailer to Keep Akron Beautiful Litter Program personnel.
- Distributing supplies to participants and ensuring all equipment is operated safely and used only at the event site. Retrieving supplies once participants have completed the project.
- Properly securing the trailer and its contents overnight.
- Ensuring the trailer is free of trash and debris upon its return.
- Ensuring proper parking location of the trailer at the project area.
- Replaceing missing items not returned in the condition they were received (normal wear & tear excluded)
- Completion of the Cleanup Summary Form and submission of event photos.
- Recruting a minimum of five households to be involved in the project or a group of 5 dedicated volunteers.
- Please be on time when meeting the Keep Akron Beautiful staff for the trailer drop off and pickup. We will wait no longer than 30 minutes after your scheduled times.
- Always use good judgment and be safe. Watch out for participants. Keep them in sight.
- If something looks suspicious or dangerous call local police enforcement. Do not pick up or touch any bloody item or sharps, report their location to KAB. Akron Police Department patrol cars will be informed of the location of the trailer to monitor overnight.
- Promote recycling during your cleanup event.
- Be sure to let us know the success of your event. There will be a hard copy Cleanup Summary Form with a stamped envelope in the CPT trailer to return to KAB. Take photos and submit them too!
- Congratulate yourself and be proud that you made a difference and have some fun!
Thank you to all of the groups who utilized the trailer for community improvement projects!
893 volunteers donated 5,214 man hours to remove 21.87 tons of litter, plant 5 trees, 751 shrubs, bulbs and plants and paint 2 buildings. Thank you to Dominion and Citizens Bank for their initial donations and to Citizens Bank, Akronite sponsors and various beautification donors for keeping it running each season
During the sixth season that the Community Pride Trailer was available, it was used by groups like: Akron Metro Futbol Club, the Commons at Madeline Park, US Bank, Let's Grow Akron,Downtown Akron Partnership, Leggett Block Club, East Akron Neighborhood Development Corporation (EANDC), BVU, City Hope, The Junior League of Akron, Lowe’s of Fairlawn, Northwest Community Center, Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, Neighborhood Network of University Park, The Battered Women's Shelter, Joanna House II,Second Baptist Church,Kenmore Neighborhood Alliance, Firestone Park YMCA and Build a Better Block.
The Community Pride Trailer CPT was made possible through initial grants from:
Each year CPT funding is sustained by the Citizens Bank Foundation with
Acme Fresh Market | Ann & David Brennan | Kimberly Haws-Falasco | House of LaRose | Jim & Julie Pulk