by Cindy Pantea
ReWorks invites you to recycle more! That’s why they are sponsoring confidential paper shredding events to take place on Saturdays between 9:00 AM 12:00 NOON for Summit County residents and businesses. There is a limit of 10 file boxes or shopping bags at each shredding event scheduled as follows:
- May 11 – Household Hazardous Waste Recycling Center at 1201 Graham Rd., Stow (NO Hazardous Waste Waste* will be accepted at this event)
- Jun 08 – Fairlawn Service Department at 3300 Fairlawn Service Dr. (off Smith Rd.)
- Jul 13 – Macedonia City Hall at 9691 Valley View Rd.
- Aug 10 – Green Central Administration at 1755 Townpark Blvd.
- Sept 14 – Barberton BCF Sports Complex at 841 Wooster Rd. W. (enter Wooster Rd. West only)
- Oct 05 – The Job Center at 1040 E. Tallmadge Ave., Akron
Remember to remove and reuse: binder clips, paper clips, rubber bands, report covers, binders, and hanging files. NOTHING made of plastic, wood or metal will be accepted. Staples are okay.
*Got Hazardous Waste?
On each Thursday, June 6 through September 26, 2013, 2-8 PM, the Household Hazardous Waste Recycling Center at 1201 Graham Rd. in Stow will be open to accept your hazardous waste with a couple stipulations: (1) NO latex paint accepted and (2) Residents only – NO businesses, churches or organizations.
Need Alternate Hazardous Waste Disposal Solutions?
If you need alternate hazardous waste disposal solutions, ReWorks has a .pdf brochure with information here. For other information or to contact ReWorks, visit summitreworks.com or call 330-374-0383.
With a renewed focus on sustainability, ReWorks provides the citizens of Summit County with the programs, resources and knowledge they need to be responsible stewards of the environment.
ReWorks, Keep Akron Beautiful, The City of Akron, the County of Summit, and the Greater Akron Chamber are proud founders of The Summit of Sustainability Awards.