By: Shelby Baker
Before you bust out your old-school string of lights to hang up this year, consider brightening up your holidays a little differently. According to the American Lighting Association (ALA) more homeowners are opting to decorate their houses with LED lights instead of traditional incandescent ones! Using LEDs can improve your decorations and when comparing LED strings to your old incandescent, LEDs can make a big difference! Check out some of the benefits LED lights offer over incandescent lights!
- Longer bulb life
- (3-year warranties; average life up to 100,000 hours)
- Saving on Energy
- (16-17 watts of savings for a 25-foot light string)
- Brighter colors
- (LEDs generate only one color, while incandescent bulbs use color filters which waste more light)
- Cooler operation
- (No hot filament inside, which helps the bulbs stay cooler)
- (Smaller strings are offered and can be used to decorate smaller areas such as shrubs, plants, foliage, etc. Miniatures can also come designed with a battery operation, eliminating power cords)
- Magnetic Sockets
- (Magnets built-in to sockets in LED strings can make hanging lights quicker and more reliable)
For more LED lighting tips, visit americanlightingassoc.com, and consider using LEDs instead of your incandescent light strings this year! LEDs may change the way you feel about decorating the house this time of year!